Booking Your Hotel Room
Register for the 2023 ICMA Annual Conference
OPENING JUNE 2023
Reserve your hotel room through MGE
OPENING JUNE 2023
Benefits of Reserving with MGE
Maritz Global Events (MGE) is ICMA’s official housing company and solely authorized to coordinate hotel reservations for the 2023 ICMA Annual conference.
Discounted room rates and a guaranteed room reservation at an official ICMA conference hotel
After registering for the Annual Conference in June, you will have access to secure a hotel reservation
Once the housing reservation system opens in June, access to MGE’s customer service representatives for help with your reservation
Advantages to booking your room through ICMA’s official housing provider Maritz Global Events (MGE)
- Hotel reservations will be taken on a first come, first-served basis by Maritz Global Events (MGE). Registration and housing are scheduled to open in June! Please do NOT contact the hotels directly as you will not receive ICMA’s discounted rate.
- Once registration and housing open in June, for best availability and immediate confirmation, make your reservation via Maritz Global Events (MGE) online reservation system
- If you have questions or need assistance with your registration, contact MGE Customer Service at ICMA@maritz.com or by calling (219) 354-6679; Monday- Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm ET. Calls to this number prior to the opening of registration and housing will not be answered nor returned.
- Reservations must be received by Wednesday, September 6th to guarantee conference rates. Higher rates may exist after that time.
- Reservations must be accompanied by a credit card valid through October 2023 to serve as a guarantee.
- Reservations may be changed (based on availability) until Wednesday, September 6th, without penalty.
- Reservations must be cancelled at least 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a penalty of one night’s room and tax.
- Special requests are not guaranteed. Hotels will assign specific room types upon check-in based on availability.
- All rates are subject to state and local taxes (currently 17% per night).
- A $3.80 per night Texas State Recovery Fee is waived for all hotels except The Line.
By booking a hotel room through MGE, you receive:
- Discounted room rates.
- Immediate email acknowledgement of your hotel assignment.
- A guaranteed room reservation at an official ICMA conference hotel.
- Access to MGE’s customer service representatives for help with your reservation.
When attendees reserve rooms at hotels that are NOT within the official hotel block, ICMA is:
- Unable to assist when a reservation cannot be located in a hotel’s system.
- Unable to protect a reservation when a hotel “oversells” its room inventory.
- Exposed to penalties for not fulfilling contractual room block commitments. By avoiding such penalties, ICMA is able to keep conference costs down.
Need to book a hospitality suite? Contact Felicia Littky at email@example.com, (202) 962-3656.
MGE will send reservation acknowledgements via email within 24 hours if booked online or by telephone. If you do not receive your acknowledgement within 24 hours, please contact MGE. You will not receive a written confirmation from the hotel.
Reservations must be cancelled at least 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a penalty of one night’s room and tax.
Through September 5, 2023, send requests for changes and cancellations in writing to MGE via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning September 11, 2023, contact hotels directly to make changes and cancellations. Please do not contact the hotels directly until September 7.
Do you have a question?
For answers to conference housing questions, call Maritz Global Events at (219) 354-6679 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday or e-mail questions, cancellations, or changes to your reservation to ICMA@maritz.com.
Maritz Global Events (MGE) is the Official Housing Provider for the ICMA Annual Conference. Improper solicitation of hotel reservations from any company other than Maritz Global Events is not approved. Reservations made by unaffiliated organizations may appear to have lower rates, however they may be illegitimate, not have the rooms to sell, have unreasonable cancellation or change penalties, or be completely non-refundable. Please be aware of and report any unauthorized solicitation to ICMA or Maritz Global Events.
About Conference Hotels
ICMA secures room blocks at hotels to meet a variety of conference attendee tastes and budgets.
Please DO NOT contact the hotels directly.
ICMA’s conference hotel block offers a range of options in terms of proximity, affordability, and style in order to meet a variety of attendee needs and preferences.
Many conference hotels are conveniently located either adjacent to or within walking distance from the Austin Convention Center (ACC). A shuttle service will run every 20 minutes during prime conference hours, between the Aloft, Embassy Suites, Omni and Royal Sonesta.
All hotels are non-smoking. Guest rooms have free Wi-Fi access, coffee makers, hairdryers, and iron/ironing boards.
|Map Marker||Hotel||ICMA Room Rate||Distance from ACC|
|1||Fairmont Austin||$299 single/double||Connected|
|2||Hilton Austin||$290 single/double||Connected|
|3||Marriott Austin Downtown||$281 single/double||Adjacent|
|4||Courtyard/Residence Inn||$249 single/double||Adjacent|
|5||Hampton Inn & Suites Dowtown||$269 single/double||2 blocks|
|6||Hyatt Place Downtown||$245 single/double||2 blocks|
|7||JW Marriott Downtown||$290 single/double||3 blocks|
|8||Line Austin||$299 single/double||3 blocks|
|9||Westin Austin Downtown||$282 single/double||2 blocks|
|10||Hilton Garden Inn Downtwon/ACC||$234 single/double||3 blocks|
|11||Aloft/Element Austin||$262 single/double||5 blocks|
|12||Omni Austin Hotel Downtown||$265 single/double||5 blocks|
|13||Stephen F. Austin Royal Sonesta||$287 single/double||5 blocks|
|14||Embassy Suites Austin – Town Lake||$269 single/double||8 blocks|
ICMA Shuttle Service
ICMA will provide shuttle service between the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, Stephen F. Austin Royal Sonesta, Aloft, the Embassy Suites Downtown Town Lake and the Austin Convention Center (ACC).
The shuttle will run every 20 – 30 minutes as follows:
|Saturday||7:00am – 6:00pm & Evening Reception|
|Sunday||6:30am – 7:00pm|
|Monday||6:30am – 5:30pm|
|Tuesday||6:30am – 6:00pm & Evening Reception|
|Wednesday||7:00am – 12:00pm|
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
Address: 3600 Presidential Blvd, Austin, TX 78719
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) is located 8 miles from downtown, the Austin Convention Center, and the ICMA contracted hotels.
ICMA does not provide shuttle services from/to the airport.
Traveling between AUS and downtown is easy with a variety of options
CapMetro is Austin’s public transportation provider. Passengers traveling to and from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport can take Capital Metro’s high-frequency Route 20 to downtown Austin. $2.50 fare with stops takes about 35 minutes. The downtown stop at 4th and Lavaca is about a 10-minute walk to most downtown hotels. For more information, visit CapMetro.org or call 512-474-1200.
Rideshare & Taxis
Rideshares that currently service AUS are:
Taxi fare to downtown is approximately $33 and taxi services that currently serve AUS are:
Rideshare and taxi pick-up for passengers arriving to Austin use the rideshare pick-up area, which is located under the Consolidated Rental Car Facility. Directional signage to the taxi and rideshare pick up location is located in the baggage claim area. Tram shuttles to the taxi and rideshare area also provided from the lower level of the parking garage across from baggage claim.
For passengers with mobility assistive devices such as wheelchairs, scooters, or crutches, or those who need additional mobility assistance, the Mobility Assistance Zone is free and open daily 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles, taxis and rideshares. Please visit our Accessibility webpage to learn about the Mobility Assistance Zone.
Carter Transportation (formerly known as Super Shuttle):
- Airport Reservations: 1-512-BLUE VAN (258-3826)
- Sales: 512-929-3900 ext. 4 (after hours use ext. 2)
- 40+ limousine and sedan services are also available for hire.