ICMA Meetings and Events Guidelines
Any non-ICMA planned activity, event, or meeting to be held in conjunction with the 2024 ICMA Annual Conference is considered to be an In Conjunction With (ICW) event and MUST BE APPROVED in advance by the ICMA Conferences, Events & Sponsorships team.
Organizations (exhibitors, ICMA Partners, sponsors, not-for-profit groups, government agencies, etc.) that wish to hold meetings of any size or nature, and in any location during the 2024 ICMA Annual Conference Schedule must complete the ICMA Meeting Request Form and have it approved by ICMA. Guidelines are subject to change.
NOTE: ICMA Affiliates should work with their respective ICMA staff liaison directly on scheduling ICMA Affiliate events.
These guidelines are meant to provide guidance for organizations/companies hosting ICW meetings and events. If you have any questions about whether your activity qualifies as an ICW meeting/event, contact Judy Day with the ICMA Conference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One (1) ICMA Meeting and Event Form must be completed for each meeting/event. Forms with more than one meeting/event listed will not be accepted and may delay the approval process.
- The sponsor of the meeting/event is liable for any injuries or accidents to people or property while conducting ancillary functions.
- Signage for the meeting/event is only permitted directly outside of the assigned meeting room and must be provided by the sponsor, unless agreed to by ICMA. Directional signs, advertisements, banners, etc. are not permitted in hotel lobbies or the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
- ICW Meetings and Events decisions will be e-mailed approximately 1-2 weeks following the receipt of the Meeting Request Form.
To be approved, meetings/events/activities must:
- Be directed towards 2024 ICMA Annual Conference participants. Sponsors, exhibitors, Partners, and attendee participants must be 2024 ICMA Annual Conference registered attendees.
- Not conflict with or detract from the official 2024 ICMA Annual Conference Meeting Schedule of Events/Program (see official ICMA Schedule of Events Meeting Times outlined below).
- Organizations/Companies may only host events if the organization is an official ICMA Exhibitor, Sponsor, Partner, or ICMA Affiliate.
- Must be approved by ICMA.
Official ICMA Meeting Times
ICW meetings and events are ARE PERMITTED during the following days/times (subject to change):
- Saturday, September 21 Before 5pm and after 9pm
- Sunday, September 22 Before 1pm and after 6:31pm
- Monday, September 23 Before 8:30am and after 5pm
- Tuesday, September 24 Before 8:30am and after 9pm
- Wednesday, September 25 After 11:30am
Once the Meeting/Event has been approved, the organization must work directly with the hotel/convention center on all planning aspects for the proposed meeting. All costs associated with the function (e.g., room rental, food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, and labor, etc.) are the responsibility of the Meeting/Event organizer/company.
Personnel Meetings During the 2024 ICMA Annual Conference
Personnel meetings may be held at any time during the 2024 ICMA Annual Conference if attendance is limited to that organization’s representatives. Attendees are prohibited from participating in these meetings.
If an ICW event/meeting is found to be in non-compliance with the above Meetings and Events Guidelines, the sponsor/exhibitor/Partner may incur the following:
- Cancel their Meeting/Event/Activity
- Be prohibited from holding a Meeting/Events at future ICMA Annual Conferences
- Lose a priority point for exhibit booth selection
- Questions about whether your meeting/event qualifies as an In Conjunction With (ICW) meeting, contact Judy Day with the ICMA Conference Team at email@example.com
Any non-ICMA planned meeting or event held during the 2024 ICMA Annual Conference is considered to be an In Conjunction With (ICW) activity and MUST BE APPROVED in advance by the ICMA Conferences, Events & Sponsorships team.
Organizations (ICMA Affiliates, exhibitors, ICMA Partners, sponsors, not-for-profit groups, government agencies, etc.) that wish to hold meetings of any size or nature, and in any location during the 2024 ICMA Annual Conference Schedule must complete the ICMA Meeting Request Form and have it approved by ICMA. Meetings and Events guidelines are subject to change.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.