- Log into the Speaker Management System using the link and password included in the speaker invitation email sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following tasks are due by Wednesday, July 7. Please note that speakers may be removed from a session if tasks are not completed in a timely manner:
- Speaker Invitation- accept or reject the invitation to speak
- Sign the speaker agreement
- Confirm or update your profile information (this information will be used on the conference website and the conference app)
- Review or update your biography
- Update or upload your photo if one is missing
- Agree to the copyright permissions task (you may not use copyrighted materials without written consent from the original author).
- Complete the question about other languages you speak
- All remaining tasks are due no later than Wednesday, September 1. Only one submitter and/or speaker will be assigned the task of updating the session description and title. If this task is not on your list, it has been assigned to the submitter or another speaker.
- The conference branded PowerPoint template must be used for all sessions containing a presentation (Roundtable sessions do not include PowerPoints).
- Adhere to the deadlines set by ICMA and respond to inquiries regarding your session in a timely manner.
- Attend the speaker training to be held in September. Date TBD.
- In-person speakers should show up early and prepared for your session. You will be asked to check-in at the Speaker Ready Room in Portland.
- Digital pre-recorded sessions will be recorded through ICMA’s audiovisual vendor (Encore). All speakers/panelists for a given session must log into the same recording session versus pre-recording at individual times.
- NEW this year: We will schedule in-person sessions on Saturday and Sunday in Portland. If you are available for a Saturday/Sunday session time, please contact email@example.com.
- You will be assigned to present in either an in-person or digital session slot. Assignments will be forthcoming in July.
- Digital presentations will be pre-recorded and will be available on-demand to all annual conference attendees.
- In-person presentations will be recorded in the session room in Portland and made available on the digital platform for on-demand viewing. Some sessions will be live-streamed to the digital audience as the session takes place in Portland.
- Please note that in-person presentation sessions should allow at least 15-20 minutes for Q&A. A 60-minute session slot should have a presentation lasting approximately 40 minutes to allow for 20 minutes of Q&A. Pre-recorded (digital) sessions do not include Q&A. Please plan to record a presentation that fills the time-slot to which you are assigned.
- NEW this year: You must be registered for the conference prior to reserving a hotel room!
- Speakers who are members of ICMA must register for the conference and pay the applicable registration fee.
- ICMA staff will register those speakers who are not members of ICMA. You will receive a registration confirmation via email. Please refer to that email to log into the registration system to purchase tickets, add a guest, and secure your hotel reservation.
- If you do not know your membership status, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration and housing open Wednesday, July 14.