Updated: September 20, 2021
Creating a healthy and safe environment for attendees of the 2021 ICMA Annual Conference is Portland, Oregon is a top priority. We have been working to finalize protocols that will maximize the experience and safety of all members, staff, sponsors, exhibitors, and vendors this October.
With the constantly evolving Delta variant and to protect the safety of ICMA Annual Conference attendees, effective Tuesday, September 7, in addition to the previous updates requiring masks in all indoor and most public outdoor settings, the Oregon Convention Center (OCC) announced that it is also implementing stricter safety measures for events:
Proof of full vaccination
A negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of the first day of an event for people 12 years of age or older (children 11 years of age or younger are exempt)
The following are acceptable as proof of vaccination:
- A CDC-issued vaccination card including the name of the person vaccinated, the type of vaccination provided, and the date that the last dose was administered.
- A digital photo of a CDC-issued vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device.
- A printed photo of a CDC-issued vaccination card.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 Test:
- A digital photo of negative COVID-19 test results that includes the name of the guest.
- A printed photo of negative COVID-19 test results that includes the name of the guest.
To upload your proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test (within 72 hours of the first day of the event) before attending the conference, you can either:
1. Scan the QR Code below and follow the instructions.
2. Text “Hi” to 855-436-0557 and follow the instructions.
3. Non-US attendees should use this web based link and then follow the instructions:
ICMA will continue to follow metro, Multnomah County, and state health official guidance for all events. If you need assistance finding a COVID-19 vaccination site, please visit vaccines.gov to find a location near you, then call or visit their website to make an appointment.
Beginning on Saturday, October 2, all in-person attendees will complete a daily health screening (and upload proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test) with an easy-to-use tool called HealthShield.
ICMA is requiring this process to provide confidence in the safety of meeting attendees and to ensure that every attendee can attest to their current health status.
HealthShield uses text messages to guide you through screening and document submission—no app required.
The screening consists of three simple questions recommended by the CDC. Attendees must complete the health screening daily before entering the Oregon Convention Center.
You can also complete the screening process at the entrance doors of the convention center; however, completing it beforehand will be much faster.
How it Works and What to Expect
If you provided your mobile phone number during meeting registration, HealthShield will text you automatically for the daily screening and to upload your document(s).
If you did not provide your mobile phone number or want to get started now, scan the QR code or text ‘Hi’ to 855-498-2914.
Complete a Daily Screening
- Follow the instructions and Screening link texted to you.
- Answer three quick screening questions.
- HealthShield will confirm your results, and you are welcome to join the meeting.
Please note that ICMA is not collecting or processing any information that is covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Neither GSA nor 42Chat are a “covered entity” under HIPAA rules. 42Chat is General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant and US Commerce Department “Privacy Shield” compliant. Their security measures meet or exceed all current industry standards.
Additional COVID-19 Safety Measures
Mandatory mask wearing for all attendees
(Inside and outside of the Oregon Convention Center)
Frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces and of meeting rooms between education sessions
Hand-sanitizing stations throughout the center
We’ve even planned networking events with safety in mind, so you can relax and enjoy the experience